Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sneak Peak

ok... for some reason I have been having problems with typing this post.... things kept deleting or disappearing... I really don't know!  frustrating.  Anyway.  I have been on and off organizing and I need to go out and buy some bins and garment bags to get to that final stage before styling and taking pictures can happen.  There are all sorts of items.  Dresses from or inspired by the 1920's all the way to the 70's and a little bit of futuristic pieces too.  Hats, belts, scarves, shoes (which may appear as "lots" so that people who enjoy and entire outfit can purchase the trimmings).

I had to grab a friend of mine to come in and act as a mannequin so I could put together and play around with shapes and colours for the outfits.  I want everything I am selling to be relevant.  Great vintage pieces, but the way we really wear them.  Originally, I was going to make everything look authentic to the decade they were from, but everyone knows what it looked like.  I want to make it now.  How I would actually wear it.  What I was actually thinking and obsessing over when I bought each piece.  So that I know each piece is going to a good home and will be treated the way I would treat them.  More of a clothing adoption.  Before I end up sounding more pathetic and clothing obsessed, here are just a few of the pictures from a few nights ago when Katie brought over some wine and let me play dress up with her:

Vintage Army Green Shirt Jacket thing.  Vintage Floral Romper/jumpsuit.  Mimosa Black Strappy Platform Shoes... along with other shoes scattered about....

Army Green thing again and Floral Maxi Dress with Flutter sleeves.  and boot mugs... no we were not drinking wine with a straw.  that was scotch?

....again jacket thing... there are a lot of pictures with out this jacket, but I just HAD to try it on everything.... sorry.  pale yellow floral wide neck dolman sleeve dress and a pile of clothes including a vintage fur coat in the background.


  Everything pictured and that willll be pictured is vintage from my closet (except for most the shoes.  I have vintage shoes... but it will take longer for me to part with them).  Most I will be selling.  There will be hundreds of pieces...seriously.  I just need to decide how and where I will be selling it all and how I want to organize it.  I think I am going to do mini collections with colour themes and style themes.  I have enough... I am sure I can whip something up.

to be continued....  

No comments:

Post a Comment