Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Now this is a few weeks late, but meh.  I received some awesome gifts for Christmas and found some awesome stuffs at thrift stores in Ottawa during my brief visit over the holidays!  My Granny even gave me a bunch of her old dresses from the 50's-70's.  Pretty awesome!  Here are some pictures:

A few of my Gifts:  Baking theme!  I am not really a New Years Resolution Theme person, but if I had one, it would be to cook and eat at home more.  I enjoy doing it and enjoy eating it... but making the time is my problem.  I will do it!
I have wanted one of these even before I new what I could do with it.  They are just pretty!  I have always wanted white or stainless steel and I got white, YAY! Thanks to Chris's mum and dad!

yummy vegan and almost gluten and sugar free cookbook... awesome!  Thanks kate!!  She also got my a bunch of accessories for baking.  We are going to have a little bit of a friendly bake off... not to see who wins, since she would clearly, but to experiment and find some great recipes.  I am sure we will be blogging about it.
Month #1:  Gluten Free Vegan Pizza Dough!


Thrift Store Finds:  I have been focusing less on clothes... since I have too much already... but housewares is safe... for now.
Daisy (my kitty) already trying to destroy these glasses... She enjoys doing that at 3am!

boot mugs to go with the one kate found me a while ago when I was looking for them!  woo!  people always enjoy using the ONE I had so now we can all share nicely!

look like the glasses on the madmen season...something cover.  I haven't been able to get into the show, but when I saw the cover with a glass like this I obsessed a bit and found some at a thrift store for a dollar each!  I saw some on etsy for $70 for a set of 6.  Say What?!

milky glass bowls and serving ware.  pretty.

for when I dont have enough boot mugs for the peoples at my place, some glass tree trunk looking ones.  weird.  I like.


Granny Gives:  Being vintage obsessed I reallllllllly love getting stuff that has been in the family and means more than simply an awesome find!  =)
The long one to the far right is my favorite!!  I really need to start taking picture with a better camera..... or not with my cell phone......!

I am pretty sure my granny made all of these.

love these prints!  my granny made the one on the far right!

She also gave me her "wedding China" which in a note said that she had been collecting in a hope chest well before her wedding.  collected it piece by piece.  She also gave me some writing paper: I am GREAT at writing letters... but TERRIBLE at actually sending them.  =( 
There is more, but it is all still packed since I have been working ever since I have got back.  I did pretty well though!   I'll be sure to post pictures of thing I have sorted and am going to be selling soon!  I have given myself a deadline (back to the time management thing...) it will be a happenin' soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment